Monday, April 28, 2014

Primal Blueprint Challenge Day 1-4

OOPS! I missed posting on day 1-3 but I am here to now to play catch up.

Day 1- Excited to begin! I did well..watching my carbs using a carb counter app.

Day 2: Not too bad. Spent the afternoon at a homeschool field day during the afternoon which means I wasn't home and too busy to think about food.  I am realizing that not having sweets is very hard! Had 2 lean turkey patties with my Zoodles.

Day 3- Even better except the pounding headache I had. Carb detoxing perhaps?  I make a low carb high protein shake at night the last two nights. This has been a huge help with my sugar cravings. There is no sugar in them just lots of good stuff!

Day 4- Woke up feeling a bit sick to my stomach. Not sure if it's due to the challenge or something else. Each evening I make a big helping of Zoodles with onions, peppers, tomatoes etc.. Mixing it up a little bit each time. I put taco seasoning and some sea salt on it and saute it up. I use either coconut butter or oil to saute it in. I also add some cheese and a few TB of sour cream. YUM!
Last night I sauteed a new type of squash that I picked up at the Asian store. I do not recall what it's called either. It was ok. I wouldn't get it again. I really like zucchini or summer squash best for Zoodles.  Trying to get meat in for protein. So lean turkey patties or beef.

I know some people don't eat dairy with Paleo and some do. I enjoy dairy so I chose to keep it in during my challenge.

I keep my carb intake between 50-100g which according to Mark Sisson in the Primal Blueprint is a healthy amount to consume and will bring about weight loss. And I felt this was a good amount for a breastfeeding mama (me!) after doing much reading.  

Ok! Oh and when weighing in yesterday after 3 days I am down 2lbs already.  


No comments:

Post a Comment